Buzzards may collect personal information from you via this website, for example, if you register with us for services, in order to receive news and announcements, or when applying for jobs, and your information may be stored manually or electronically.
Any personal information you give to us will always be processed in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. We will only use the personal information you provide to deliver the services you have requested, or for our lawful, disclosed purposes. We will not make your personal details available outside our organization without your consent unless obliged by law.
This website will automatically track certain information about you in the course of you using this website, such as your IP address and browser identification. This information is used only for system administration and for providing statistics to evaluate the use of this site.
Buzzards receives and records information from your browser when you use our websites. This may include the use of a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information. Please note that cookies cannot carry viruses or install malware onto your Computer, or Its Hard Drive as previously stated.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in your web browser while you are browsing a website. HTTP cookies may be stored only for the time you are in a given site (session cookie) or they may remain stored in your browser for a defined period of time beyond your current session (persistent cookie). Cookies work in combination with content within the website itself, to capture and remember information. Cookies cannot carry viruses or install malware.
Cookies that are set by the domain of the site you are visiting (the domain in the address bar) are called first party cookies. First party cookies are commonly used to remember who you are as you move from page to page, or as you return to the site in subsequent visits. These cookies can only be read by the domain that set them.
Cookies that are set by domains other than the one in your address bar are called Third Party cookies. Third Party cookies are used to track users across sites, for example to tailor advertising to you.
1. You can ask us to update your personal information by emailing precise details of your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply email us at email@example.com. You must include data you would like removing (eg. Email address, Phone Number).
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations.
3. You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, write to us at the returns address on the Contact Us page.
4. You can unsubscribe from email marketing at the footer in all marketing emails.
5. You can unsubscribe from text message marketing by replying 'STOP', this will automatically opt you out of any future marketing text messages.
THE LEGAL BASIS WE RELY ON
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
- In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. You have the right to withdraw from these forms of marketing at any time.
For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters in the form of direct marketing.
- In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations for the purpose of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract or the sale of goods or services to a customer.
For example, if you order an item from us for delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
- If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement or government agencies. This helps protect our customers and employees.
We reserve the right to cancel a discount code without giving any reason. Discount codes may be cancelled for a short time period during sales. Only one discount code can be used per order.